Why a Website Template is Not Always the Right Solution
You see the ads everywhere, they promise to have you up and running in no time. You need to update your existing website. Website templates are quick and easy to apply. You have no technical knowledge, and you don’t want to spend a lot of money. Before you plunk down money for a website template, you should consider the follow reasons why you may want to rethink your plan.
1. Website templates are not easily customizable. Templates are meant to be used as a guideline for your own customization and design perimeters.
2. You can’t tweak them to fit your brand because of use restrictions and fees.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools that drive traffic to your site are not always available with many templates. If they are, then they are not keyed to your product category.
4. There are no analytics to determine how your site is doing or inaccurate data with the site builder.
5. There could be unexpected and unwelcome changes in template that make you lose data or cause other issues that reflect badly on your company.
6. Not enough choice or really bad selections that make your cringe.
7. No control over design and ads that are placed on your site by web host.
8. Unable to add features and tools to help direct more traffic to your site.
9. If you don’t stand out at all. Customers are not seeing you.
10. You are going to have to learn to code anyway.
It might not be easy to create your own website, but the time and effort it takes will be well worth it. Fully customized websites drive customers to your site because they are unique and have good SEO. Creative web designers that have experience using the available web tools are your best bet if you have no technical experience.
Some web templates won’t allow you to add your own creative graphics, while others use old codes that break down when something new is added. Most of the older templates aren’t mobile friendly. This deters potential customers from seeing you on the web. Generic templates also make a bad impression on your customers as many have already downloaded the template for their business.
An important thing to remember is that if you want your business to stand out from the crowd, you need to invest in web design. Otherwise you might just lose business and your reputation.